Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ch. 21-25 (Wrap up)

Emmanuel Jal child soldier
As Emmanuel's life continues he is really starting to see his story of his life come together and is able to be passionate about his life towards others. Emmanuel discovers his love for music and starts off by raising money for his charity CASSY to help refugees. His passion towards life helps him and pushes him forward everyday. With multiple people who Emmanuel receives guidance from he is able to achieve greatness and achieve what he has set out to achieve. As flashbacks stay within Emmanuel's head, the fear he had once had of him being a young soldier will stay with him forever. "I never wanted to forget the message the war child had taught me." (Pg. 246) As Emmanuel explains his life in the last few chapters I realize how my life and his connect. We both like giving and making people who can't help themselves receive help from people like us. Giving to charity is something great and it is what me and Emmanuel share in common. Even though Emmanuel's life will continue with great success and happiness pictures of the war in Sudan and his time as a child soldier will always flow into his mind. "Pictures flooded through me-villages burning, my brothers and sisters running from war, I wanted the world to hear." (Pg. 239-240) Emmanuel's passion was through music and that is his way of telling the world his stories and how hard life really is to be in war. Emmanuel makes everyone aware of the situations of war and the challenges people face. Is Emmanuel a hero? To many he is, but what helped Emmanuel to believe? His strength to once again put trust and belief towards God brought him to where he is today. "Now we are in a better place." (Pg. 245) As Emmanuel has overcome so much in these years, the journey of his past, present and future will always stay with him. "We had traveled so far together to reach this place and I would carry him with me as I started a new journey."

Closing Remarks!


War Arabs Running refugee

Child soldier Hope Identity Lack of food Determination

Beatings Yearning

Education Miracle Mourning Anger Never say never Urge Emma McCune Listening

Jenajesh Alone Love life

Emmanuel Jal rap artist
Emmanuel has successfully escaped war and survived to tell his story and to touch lives. From child soldier to rap artist, Emmanuel is able to tell his story through his book and lyrics.

Congratulations Emmanuel Jal,

You have touched many

2 comments:

  1. I really dig this idea. I think it is very original.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dan man, this is a really good conclussion to the novel study. I enjoyed reading what you had to say, it's funny, I had the same quote in mine too! You did a good job at inputting your points to the blog, and I liked the poem/last few remarks at the bottom, well done sir.
    Samwise

    ReplyDelete